Sunday, February 13, 2011

From My Inspiring Husband, Danny.

Since becoming a follower of Christ, I've noticed many changes within myself.  One of the most prevalent changes is the fact that in the past my heart ALWAYS followed my mind.  Now it is rather clear to me that my mind has been more willing to follow my heart.  It may not seem like a big difference but it's a world of difference to me.  You see, my mind leans towards logic, self-sufficiency and survival.  While none of those may be independently negative, together they can easily destroy the foundation needed for faith.  My heart, on the other hand, is intuitive, generous and carefree.  In short, I feel that "my mind" is me driving and "my heart" is the Holy Spirit driving.  So therein lies a paradox of sorts because generally speaking, individual decisions are ultimately driven by only one or the other.  Perhaps this is what Paul meant in Romans 6:18 (You have become free from sin and have become slave to righteousness).  Perhaps faith in Christ frees us from our own minds and enslaves us to the Holy Spirit which lives in our hearts.  Or perhaps not but I certainly feel that my heart has been winning a lot more battles since I began my walk with Christ. 


- Danny Rakovec

No comments:

Post a Comment