Friday, August 3, 2012

A Letter of Love

My Dearly Loved,

            I wish you could see the beauty I see in you.  I wish you could feel my heart break when you don’t feel loved or beautiful.  I wish you knew the kind of love I have for you and how nothing could ever separate this deep love.  It’s hard to explain this type of love in words…there’s nothing else like it.  I wish you were aware of how many times I have counted each hair on your head.  Or, how I’ve engraved you on the palm of my hands.  I wish you could’ve been there to see them spit in my face. Or, to see my skin rip and tear when they flogged me.  I wish you could’ve been there when they hammered the crown of thorns deep into my flesh.  I wish you could’ve have seen me beaten, bruised and barely hanging on carrying the cross for you.  Or, to have seen each nail pierced painfully into my arms and feet.  I wish you could’ve been there to see me struggle for breath desperately wanting to go home, but hanging on until my Father's plan was fulfilled.  I wish you could’ve seen the darkness cover the land and the veil torn after my last breath.  I wish you could see the place I have prepared for you.  It’s called paradise where you will one day be with me. Where there will be no more tears or pain.  Just me and you together, forever.  
Don’t ever question how much I love you or how deep this love goes.  And if you ever do, remember what I’ve done for you on the cross.  I've given you things on this earth to enjoy, but It’s best you don’t focus on this world because it will cause you to stumble.  You also don’t have to focus on following the rules because the human race will always fall short.  I just ask that you love me with all of you heart and don’t forget to love others on your journey regardless of where they are in life.  I love them just the same as I love you.  Do not judge them for if you do, you’ll also be judged.  I will take care of the rest.  You don’t have to worry or fear, my sweet one.  I’ve paid for EVERYTHING and it was all for you.

Love,
J.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment