Monday, August 29, 2011

Thankfulness....

     "God gives gifts and I give thanks and I unwrap the gift given: joy." 
Ann Voskamp


     It's bittersweet that little Addy is growing up.  I’m looking forward to experiencing things with her as she grows, but at the same time, I want her to stay this age.  I wish I could slow it all down and embrace every single minute with her. It is going by so fast that I feel like I’m missing precious time!
     I love to watch her do things for the very first time. Little things that I take for granted everyday. She takes the world in with her amazing eyes with such wonder, delight and joy!  I love witnessing her experience her surroundings. She has taught me a thing or two about finding joy and gratitude in my life.  
     I'm reading a book called "One Thousand Gifts” by Ann Voskamp.  It is a book about finding joy wherever you are in life.  I’ve only got through three chapters, but it's pretty amazing so far. I love to see the author list her most precious gifts and moments that she recognizes as God sent. It is a list that makes her feel joyful, thankful and happy.  She describes it as wanting to "learn how to be grateful and happy, whether hands full or hands empty." She has inspired me to come up with my own list.  Maybe I haven’t lost complete sight of what I’m thankful for, but I certainly don’t voice it enough. She has encouraged me to "pick up a pen and start writing" down things that make me joyful. And, making this a daily habit.  I think you should come up with your list too. 
     
     My list starts with my sweet baby girl and amazing husband….



1.  My day starting out with a big smile from Addy (nothing else matters in these moments!).
2. The sweet moments laying in bed with her just "talking".


3. Addy learning things for the very first time. 
4. Being able to be home with her during her first few weeks of life. 


5.  Addy reminding me of the love Christ has for me. 
6. God choosing me to be her Mom. 



7. The way that Danny loves, protects and cares for us. 
8. Danny rubbing my hair or back at night.
9. The way he listens to me when I'm hurting.
10. The way he makes me laugh.
11. His amazing barbecue.




No comments:

Post a Comment